Alexandrite is a rare and highly coveted gemstone that is renowned for its unique color-changing properties. It is a popular choice for engagement rings, offering a stunning and unique alternative to traditional diamond rings. In this article, we will explore the best Alexandrite engagement rings available in the market.
What is Alexandrite?
Alexandrite is a rare variety of the mineral chrysoberyl that was first discovered in the Ural Mountains of Russia in the 1830s. It is named after Alexander II of Russia and is highly valued for its unique color-changing properties. In daylight or fluorescent light, Alexandrite appears green or bluish-green. In incandescent light, it appears red or purplish-red. This phenomenon is known as “the Alexandrite effect” and is caused by the interaction of light with the mineral’s crystal lattice structure.
Why Choose an Alexandrite Engagement Ring?
There are several reasons why Alexandrite engagement rings are becoming increasingly popular. Here are just a few:
- Uniqueness – Alexandrite is a rare gemstone, and its color-changing properties make it truly one-of-a-kind. An Alexandrite engagement ring is a stunning and unique alternative to traditional diamond engagement rings.
- Symbolism – The color-changing properties of Alexandrite symbolize change and transformation, making it an ideal stone for an engagement ring that represents the beginning of a new chapter in a couple’s life.
- Value – Alexandrite is rarer than diamonds and is often more valuable per carat. This makes it an excellent investment and a smart choice for an engagement ring.
Best Alexandrite Engagement Rings
Now that we have discussed the benefits of an Alexandrite engagement ring, let’s take a look at some of the best Alexandrite engagement rings available in the market:
1. Radiant Cut Alexandrite and Diamond Ring
A radiant-cut Alexandrite takes center stage in this dramatically designed ring. A double halo of shimmering diamonds set in 18k white gold gives it that extra flare.
- Oval Alexandrite Engagement Ring – This stunning engagement ring features an oval-shaped Alexandrite stone set in a platinum band. The unique color-changing properties of the stone are showcased beautifully in this minimalist design.
- Vintage Alexandrite Engagement Ring – This vintage-inspired engagement ring features a round Alexandrite center stone surrounded by a halo of diamonds. The intricate details in the band and setting add a touch of elegance and sophistication to this stunning ring.
- Alexandrite and Diamond Halo Engagement Ring – This elegant engagement ring features a cushion-cut Alexandrite center stone surrounded by a halo of diamonds. The combination of the greenish-blue Alexandrite and sparkling diamonds creates a stunning contrast that is sure to catch the eye.
- Alexandrite and Rose Gold Engagement Ring – This beautiful engagement ring features a pear-shaped Alexandrite stone set in a rose gold band. The warm tones of the rose gold complement the greenish-blue of the Alexandrite, creating a beautiful contrast.
- Alexandrite and White Gold Engagement Ring – This simple and elegant engagement ring features a round Alexandrite center stone set in a white gold band. The natural beauty of the Alexandrite is showcased beautifully in this minimalist design.
Alexandrite engagement rings offer a stunning and unique alternative to traditional diamond engagement rings. They are rare, valuable, and offer a one-of-a-kind beauty that cannot be replicated. If you are looking for a unique engagement ring that symbolizes the change and transformation of a new chapter in your life, an Alexandrite engagement ring may be the perfect choice for you.
Alexandrite is a rare and highly valued gemstone that is suitable for an engagement ring. Its unique color-changing properties and symbolism of change and transformation make it a stunning and meaningful choice for couples who want a one-of-a-kind ring that represents their love story.
An Alexandrite engagement ring symbolizes change and transformation, making it an ideal stone for an engagement ring that represents the beginning of a new chapter in a couple’s life. Its color-changing properties represent the different stages of a relationship and the ability to adapt and evolve together. It is a unique and meaningful choice for a couple’s love story.
The value of an Alexandrite ring depends on several factors, including the size, quality, and color of the stone, as well as the quality of the setting. Alexandrite is a rare gemstone and is often more valuable than diamonds. Prices can range from a few hundred dollars to tens of thousands of dollars.
Alexandrite is rarer than diamonds, and its value per carat is often higher. However, since diamond engagement rings are more popular and widely available, they may be less expensive than Alexandrite engagement rings of similar quality and size. Overall, the cost of an Alexandrite ring will depend on several factors, including the quality and size of the stone.